The Alle-Kiski Area HOPE Center has been working to eliminate domestic violence since 1979. HOPE serves the northern portions of both Allegheny and Westmoreland Counties. HOPE’s shelter provides safety to 23 women and children experiencing domestic violence and/or homelessness.
Other programs offered at HOPE include Transitional Housing, Crisis Intervention Services, Prevention and Education, and Legal Advocacy. We are an organization of social changes whose mission is the safe elimination of domestic violence through intervention, prevention, and collaboration. Residential advocates will provide direct services for people experiencing domestic violence and/or homelessness.
These residential programs include our 30 day Emergency shelter and our one-year transitional housing program which are operated 365 days a year/24 hours a day.
*Please understand that this position involves SHIFT WORK (daylight, evenings, overnights, weekends and holiday rotations)*
Duties and responsibilities:
- Handling crisis situations,
- advocacy and information & referral for people experiencing domestic violence and/or homelessness
- Provide for the immediate needs of participants in our residential programs.
- Present service-delivery consistent with empowerment, options and trauma informed care.
- Complete initial screenings,intake documentation, and other assigned paperwork.
- Assist in the cleaning and maintaining of the residential facilities.
- Aid in the completion of safety plans and provide support.
- Maintain safe and secure operations of the residential facilities.
- Facilitate domestic violence and life skills groups to participants and their children.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience in related field considered.
- Act 33/34 clearances.
- Valid PA driver’s license.
Interested applicants can fax or mail a resume and cover letter to Lindsay. Please reference the Residential Advocate in cover letter/fax sheet.
Resumes will be accepted by mail address: PO Box 67. Tarentum, PA 15084, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 724-224-1123.