We are once again excited to announce the Alle-Kiski Area HOPE Center, Inc.’s 2014 Spring Volunteer Training. This 45-hour Domestic Violence Training provides education and tools to help work with survivors of domestic violence. Whether you are thinking of completing this training to give your time to a worthy cause, gain knowledge in the area of domestic violence or build out your resume; this empowerment-focused model is beneficial to everyone.
The Volunteer Training will begin Monday March 10thand runs every Monday and Wednesday evening 6-9pm until Monday April 28th. Portions of the training pieces are done in-person at the Tarentum Administrative Office and others will be your responsibility to be done on-line as homework.
If you are still interested in attending there are a few things we will need from you:
- Complete and return the attached Volunteer Application form no later than Friday, February 28, 2014 (email, fax or mail).
- Commit to attending the training in its entirety as it follows a specific order of learning and each section builds on the next. You will receive a certificate after the completion of the training.
- You will need to have transportation to travel to/from the Administrative office in Tarentum where the in-person training pieces are held.
- You will need to have access to a computer, internet and email as portions of the training are required to be done online as homework.
- You will need to complete and pass Criminal Record and Child Abuse History clearances.
- After completing the training, you will need to commit to volunteering with the HOPE Center at least one hour a month in some capacity to maintain your volunteer status.
Please feel free to contact Traci Arnold by phone (724.224.1100) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any other questions. Otherwise, we look forward to hearing from you!